Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What comes first...the button or the necklace?

This will be my one and only post about the election....

I don't like politics. I don't think I ever have. 
Know why?
It's not because of the issues, or the adds on TV, or even the debates.
It's because things like politics and elections bring out a different side to people.

The biggest issue in all of this - to me - is that people put party and issues before faith and spreading the Gospel.

I don't care who you voted for. I don't care what you agree/disagree with. What I care about is the fact that because you spoke out about your political affiliation for the last 2 months you have turned away innumerable people from the message of the cross. 

They saw your Romney/Obama button before they saw your cross necklace.

I don't stand for a candidate. I don't stand for a party. I don't stand for my views on different issues.  The very first thing that people should notice about me is the fact that I stand for the Word of God and the message that He has called me to live out. If my views, affiliation, or opinions come in between that and put up a barrier to the Gospel, then I am to blame. 

Hebrews 12:1
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles..."

2 Corinthians 6:1
"We should put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited."

No comments:

Post a Comment