Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Born to Live

Have you ever noticed how we spend the majority of our lives WAITING?

We wait in check-out lines at the grocery store.
We wait for our food to come at restaurants.
We wait for the traffic lights to change so we can get to where we are going.
We wait for that Tuesday release of our favorite artists brand new CD.
We wait for storms to pass before going outside.
We wait for Mr. or Mrs.Right to come prancing into our lives.

Wait...Wait...Waiting....

I've been doing a lot of waiting myself here lately.
Since January, really, I've just been waiting on God to reveal to me what it is that He wants me to do with my life.  The major that I had, and the life that I had planned out, were no longer an option -- God obviously had something better, but what?? Why take away something that I loved, something I was good at? Why leave me with no plan, just wandering....and waiting? I've come to learn that while we are just waiting for something to happen, God is already making things happen - we just may not see it. God's timing is absolutely perfect, and He reveals things to us in His timing, not ours! So while I feel like I am just waiting for God to work, in reality He is already hard at work, I just may not feel the affects or understand all the pieces at that time.

The key to waiting, I have learned, is not to wait.

There is a difference between "being still" and "not moving."
When we do not move, we are just sitting idly not doing anything.
But, when we are "being still" (like in Psalm 46 "Be still, and know") we are active - we are listening, we are resting, we are at peace, we are calming ourselves and acknowledging the Lord.

The same concept holds true for waiting.
When we think of waiting in our terms, we think of the non-active, not doing anything, "not moving" sense of waiting.
But in God's way of waiting we are to be active - listening, resting, seeking, serving, worshiping.
Psalm 27:13-14 says, "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
Psalm 130:5-6 says, "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord."
These two verses give a lot of action to waiting. We need to put our hope in the Lord; We need to be strong and persevere; We need to turn towards the Word and receive God's wisdom; We need to serve Him and His Kingdom; We need to listen to His voice and follow wherever it may lead.
While we wait we are not to stop - we are to continue down the path God has laid before us. Our journey with God does not come to a stand-still just because we don't know the next steps to take.

As born-again Christians we are all waiting to reach our eternal home - to finish our journey at the feet of the King. That sounds like a lifetime of waiting, which could seems quite dull... but when we look at it in the Biblical "waiting" - the active waiting - then we can see that it's a lifetime full of action: service, worship, learning, and LIVING! Christ died so that we could have LIFE (John 10:10). And He didn't give His life so that we could waste ours. Paul writes at the end of 2 Timothy 4, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." Paul might have done a lot of waiting in his life, but that doesn't mean he wasted his life. He spent his life doing the work of God - living out the Gospel.
You were born to LIVE - so live for Him! 
Even while you wait, Run your race! Keep the faith! Don't lose heart! Serve Him! Worship Him! Move ahead boldly and confidently! Be obedient!!



 Listen to the words of the song, "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller
**this is not my video**
 

No comments:

Post a Comment